Wenduine is proud of its beach; the longest of the Flemish coast! Between De Haan and the small town of Wenduine, there is a twelve-kilometre long stretch of fine sand. The beach is approximately 55 tot 80 metres wide. Even in summertime this beach offers you the necessary facilities for a peaceful stay. Only the short boulevard interrupts the wide and lengthy beach.
The beaches will be cleaned everyday during the summer. Besides the rescue brigade will guard the beaches and warns when there is a dangerous current or wind; a pleasant and safe feeling.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of will offer you peace and quietness. Optimum facilities will tribute to the comfort and with that the holiday pleasure of the guests. It starts with accessible beach crossings and the lifeguards whom watch over the well being of the guests, with a First aid post nearby. Furthermore the local cafes, terraces and restaurants near the beach will take care of the needs for serving drinks, icecream, lunch and diner.
If the rescue stations are not open, a general swimming prohibition applies. This is clearly indicated with signs 'forbidden to bathe' and / or wind bags. On this page you can check where you can go for a safe splash in the water!
In the early and late season this is an excellent destination. It is the perfect place to enjoy the beach on a windy day. To conclude, you will find the only nudist beach of the Belgian coast west of Wenduine, at the border with Bredene.
On the beaches you will find flags and signs with instructions for swimming. It is wise to take account of these signals. They are there for you!
- Swimming allowed
- Swimming prohibited
- Dangerous sea; Floating Bodies prohibited
- Windsock = bathing prohibited!
The beach is the ideal destination for many dogs to enjoy. A Frisbee, a stick or a ball can fetch give great pleasure. And what is more fun than making a beach walk with your dog? However, on various beaches are dogs, loose or on a leash, not allowed all year.
Dogs are prohibited on the beaches of Wenduine during the period 1 June till 15 September between 10:00 till 19:30.
Outside of the above mentioned period and time are dogs allowed (both loose and leased) on the beaches of Wenduine.
Nearest beach for dogs at Wenduine
- At low tide there is a strong current towards the sea, than stay close to shore. In case you get pulled in by the current do not try to swim straight against it, but swim slanting to the shore with the current. Also be aware of floating devices like air-beds, boats or other swimming devices.
- Do not get to close to the poles, piers or other obstacles.
- Watch your children carefully, do not let them alone near the water. Are there recognition signs on the beach, tell it to your children.
- Help to keep the beaches clean.