Water Tower Bredene - Observation point
Dive into the fascinating history and enjoy the panoramic view from the Water Tower, a remarkable architectural monument in Bredene. This historic water tower, not only an important part of the local heritage, offers visitors a unique opportunity to view Bredene and the surrounding area from a different perspective.
What can you expect?
- Historical Significance: The Bredene Water Tower, built in the early 20th century, is an essential part of the water supply and history of Bredene. Put into operation in 1956, the tower is a significant landmark in the region.
- Special Features: The water tower has a capacity of 800 m3, with an average water level in the tank at 43 meters and a ground level of 4.10 meters. The top of the water tower 'towers' 50.58 meters above the sidewalk.
- Renovations: A first major repair took place in 1977, followed by a complete renovation of the exterior in 1994. In 1995, facilities were created to provide a panoramic view through 10 windows on the 6th floor.
- Permanent Exhibition: On the 6th floor and on the ground floor, there is a permanent exhibition about water supply and the role of 'water' in our daily lives.
- Breathtaking View: Visitors can enjoy a panoramic view over Bredene and the surrounding areas, a perfect photo opportunity, and a moment to truly appreciate the beauty of the region.
For current information on opening hours and admission prices, visit the official website.
A Unique Experience
Whether you're interested in historical architecture, looking for a great view, or simply seeking a unique experience during your visit to Bredene, the Water Tower offers a memorable experience for everyone.
For informationDorpstraat 1-33, Bredene